No alarms and no surprises, please.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Joe Lieberman - Connecticut's biggest dick

Ok, I'll restate this. This is not a political blog. I've been intending to do a few posts about the stuff that I've been involved in, mostly my Disney World vacation and my descent into outsourcing hell. But this pissed me off to no fucking end. Go read it. I'll wait. But, be prepared to rinse your lunch off your keyboard. It's unbelievably awful. I'm nauseous.

I hate this man. Allow me to elaborate.

Joe says:
On this point, let there be no doubt: If Iraq descends into full-scale civil war, it will be a tremendous battlefield victory for al-Qaeda and Iran. Iraq is the central front in the global and regional war against Islamic extremism.

First Joe, let me say, fuck you. Second, let me note that Joe goes on to use Al Qaeda 7 times in the op-ed. 7 times. Joe, it wasn't Al-Qaeda. It is now, but it wasn't. Your fucking failed war attracted them to Iraq like flies to neo-con shit. It's that simple. To say we need to fight them there or we'll lose ignores the obvious truth that the whole escapade was a farce perpetrated on us by you, the Prez and his buddies. Using Al-Qaeda in an op-ed about the war in Iraq is not an innovative trick, in fact, it's one that's so common and has been debunked so many times, it's almost quaint. And that's what I find so appalling. You didn't even come up with anything new. You have to either be so fucking stupid that you think it will work, or you think you're above leveling with people. There's no reason to tell the truth, because there are no consequences. After all, you're still in office. Joe, we know you're not stupid.

The people listened to you when you said we needed to fight Iraq. They supported it far longer than they should have. Unfortunately, the people of Connecticut also listened to you when you said, just two months ago, that you thought we could start withdrawing troops soon. They voted for you (not me, I voted Lamont). Now, just two months after callously and cynically dangling our soldiers in front of us to get re-elected, you say we need to redouble our efforts in Iraq.

NO.

Fuck you.

Let me say that again, Fuck YOU.

Joe, you are a despicable liar. You lied to Connecticut. You lied to the U.S. I'm sure there will still be your defenders rallying behind you - those apologists who say you are sticking to what you believe. I think that too. Of course, we have a difference of opinion over exactly what you believe.

I think what you really believe is that you're the Prince of Connecticut. Ordained by birthright to be our Senator and unbound by the truth. We're here to serve Joe and his ego-fiefdom, not the other way around. Sell out the troops by dangling an early exit at election time? Sure, that calculus works fine in Joe's world. Not mine. Fuck you Joe.