No alarms and no surprises, please.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Because we love Memes

Tart and Chemist have memes people. They're not prolific taggers, but I've never been one to be to shy to invite myself to a party.

First up, found at Tart's (via Kona) is a middle name meme . As usual, it begins with rules:

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don’t have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother’s maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.)


J ay-z has been dominating my iPod for a few weeks now.

O f course I'd be forced to sell my house when the market is collapsing.

H enry is my Dad's middle name and his Dad's first name. John is my middle name and my Dad's first name. Erik is my son's middle name and my first name. Son, don't you screw up the roll we're on!

N asal passages. Mine are narrow and I get plugged up in the winter with colds and in the winter and allergies in the summer. Dammit.

There you go. The rules say I should tag 4, but this meme ain't that cool. Play if you want to.

Next, Chemist posts 15 things he's done that maybe we haven't. (Note url of link says 14. I'm confused).

The original post he links to has just 10 things. So, I get the idea that 15 isn't required. Good thing because I don't think I can come up with 15(or 14 things for that matter).

Here goes:
1) I skipped the third grade.
2) Until 4th grade I was one of four white kids at a predominately black school.
3) I once shook hands with three people at one political rally at a truck stop in Pennsylvania who either were or would eventually be running for president.
4) For part of my college life, going "home" for holidays meant hopping on a British Airways with flight attendants with the smokin' hot british accents and going to the UK.
5) I once saw a man running down the street in the nude firing a handgun.
6) I was once arrested for for disorderly conduct for "failure to disperse". Note: the semantics of a police report will not get you out of paying a fine.
7) I once made a girl cry during a re-enactment of the John Adams - Thomas Jefferson presidential debates. I was Adams and she was pwned.
8) As a kid, I had a dog named Boner.
9) I got into every college I applied to, meaning I got shitty advice from my high school that I took.
10) I've never broken a bone. Ligaments, cartilage and muscles? Not so lucky.

had to stretch there for #10. Again, feel free to meme if you want to.