No alarms and no surprises, please.

Monday, March 03, 2008

This meme is too much work

Here's a meme that Angelos described as more like homework than any other. Then he tagged me. Thanks.


The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 random/weird things about your favorite historical figure.
3. Tag seven more people at the end of your blog and link to theirs.
4. Let the person know they have been tagged by leaving a note on their blog.


First of all, you know I don't ever let anyone tell me how many people to tag. Screw you. This is my blog and if your meme reaches an internet endpoint here then so be it. I may or may not choose to propagate.

Second of all, I don't have a "favorite" historical figure. So, I had to find one. The best I could do was remembering how I read a book about Ghengis Khan when I was 9 (mostly because it had a wicked cool Frank Frazetta-esque cover) that I absolutely loved.

Here goes:

1) Ghengis Khan killed his own brother in a dispute over hunting spoils. His family was basically penniless at this time, but Ghengis took charge. This is how he locked himself in as head of the family at a young age.

2) Ghengis Khan he founded the mongol empire, which was the largest contiguous empire in history. That's bad ass.

3) It is thought that you can trace 8% of Asia's population to Ghengis Khan's DNA. That's also .5 percent of all people. Ghengis Khan's pimp hand was strong.

4) Here is a picture of Khan's empire at his death. It's big.


5) The Mongol Empire under Ghengis practiced Religious Tolerance.

6) Ghengis tried to follow Taoist teachings for a while, until he learned that the monk teaching him didn't have a machine to make him immortal. Seriously, I think this is the right way to go with religion. If it can't do anything for you, why put up with it?

7) The Mongol Empire under Ghengis practiced strict meritocracy. But, the exception was Ghengis' family. This is how you spread your DNA to 8% of Asia, people. Unnaturally select your peeps to be rich bastards.

There ya go. Ghengis was a bad man. I tag only Manuel. Rules be damned.