No alarms and no surprises, please.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The genius of my four year old daughter, pt 1

My daughter is a special person. And like most parents, I really believe that's true. Luckily, in my case, it is. I think she has a kind of bright and glowing personality that others gravitate toward. And I really hope she never loses that. In fact, I'm going to try as hard as I can to ensure she doesn't.

Here's an example. She's funny. Here's what I consider her first real joke. She told it to me when I was tucking her in the other night:

Emma: Dad, I wish I had ten noses.
Me: Well, what would you do with ten noses if you had them? (of course as she's a little girl, I'm expecting something along the lines of 'Smell lots of flowers')
Emma: Pick them... (giggling)

See? Funny. Just like her parents. And so endeth another Dad's attempt to prove that his child is special. Of course, those other Dad's are fools, because my Emma really is. At least to me.