No alarms and no surprises, please.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Careful Rudy, these guys eat their own

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. This is what happens when you align yourself with Republican base.

These people, aside from truly believing that Jesus will return to earth sometime soon (perhaps to be a judge on American Idol), have gotten very used to having political power way beyond the level of influence they deserve. What is the difference between this guy commenting on Rudy's candidacy and a mullah commenting on the political happenings in Iran? None, if you ask me. Both are scary as hell.

And Rudy, you CHOSE to join with these guys. After you showed true leadership after 9/11, your ambition got the better of you and you went over to the dark side. At first, I thought it was just The Bush Administration using you. Then, I saw that you were using them, too. The moment for me, one of your fans up to that point, was when you stood up on behalf of the Bush Administration during the Republican Convention. That's when you're "maverick" status died and I buried it in the graveyard next to "Mel Gibson is cool" and "Jim Fassel - Offensive Guru".

I liked you as mayor of NYC cleaning up time square and the bureaucracy. I loved you in the post-9/11 chaos. You disappointed me with your ambitiousness after that and now, you may just find out that the Republican Party was using you for "street cred" more than you were using them.

Good Luck.