No alarms and no surprises, please.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

This is truly reefer madness!


This story is unbelievable. 41-year old lady in California has an inoperable tumor in her brain. The Government, apparently having run out of local democratic officials to prosecute, has said, "Put down the joint, bitch!"

Raich, who suffers from many ailments, says marijuana keeps her alive by easing pain and bolstering appetite.

"Today I found out I am basically a dead man walking," Raich, who once worked as an accountant and massage therapist, told Reuters. "Today the court said I don't have the constitutional right to basically stay alive."


This is truly offensive. Please note that in California the use of marijuana for medical purposes is legal. This is a case of the feds trumping the state government. Please hold for the trememdous cry or outrage for this invasion by big government into the sacred jurisdiction of states rights from the Republicans, Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute .

[crickets chirping...]


ahh... Nothing. So, while the government fucks around, keeping marijuana illegal, this lady's gonna have to sit and worry if the feds will bust in her door, seize her medical marijuana and toss her dying ass in jail. I guess worrying about the tumor in her noggin wasn't enough.

Look, I am firmly of the belief that after a shitty day at work, I ought to be able to hit my supermarket for a six-pack of Magic Hat #9 and a 4-pack of Marlboro Jamaican Lights. That ought to be my right. I have begrudgingly become used to the fact that, for completely arbitrary reasons, this is not allowed by law. When I see idiocy like this, however, it pisses me off to no end.

Let the dying woman have a joint, for the love of the FSM!

Fuck!