No alarms and no surprises, please.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

All you people are Vampires!


Please help me. I can't stop listening to Arctic Monkeys. Whatever they say I am, That's what I am not. Is true genius. They could have aptly called it "Thirteen songs that say Fuck You!" Does it matter that I had mastered drinking beer from a funnel before these kids were born? Hell no. This is a near perfect record.

The latest, Favourite Worst Nightmare, is nearly as good, but lacking a bit in terms of catchy hooks and memorable lyrics. Still, it's better than 99% of the stuff I've heard this year.

The two albums will remain iPod MVPs in heavy rotation at least until Chris Cornell's solo album is released....

sidebar: Mr. Cornell is definitely testing my statement that "I would pay to listen to him sing the phone book". Apparently, the rumors of the Michael Jackson Cover - Billie Jean - are true. My MJ fave is Rock With You.