No alarms and no surprises, please.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Quick Hits

- This is a cool nugget about next year's Heroes on NBC from AintItCoolNews.com:

*NBC "bulks up" with 30 combined episodes of "Heroes" and "Heroes: Origins," an innovative new spin-off that each week will introduce a new character -- one of whom will be chosen by viewers through the "Heroes" website on NBC.com to become a cast regular the following season.


What a really cool idea. Probably the only way to make the coolest show on TV cooler and also avoid "CSI:Toledo" spinoff mania.

- Wanna take that torrent that you stole from "The Man" and play it on your TiVo connected TV? Go here! Just don't tell the MPAA I told ya. If you're curious, I'd say video Quality from a basic Divx rip you'll find online is indistinguishable from Digital Cable but not as good as DVD.

- LG Phillips is the first to develop Electronic Paper. Let me be the first to ask, "Why?"

- This is the Hottest. Web. Cam. Girl. Ever. UPDATED: THIS IS A JOKE VIDEO - I AM NOT A PERV...




- When I was in college, I listened to this song and the album it's from so often that I'm pretty sure my brothers at the fraternity wanted to drown me in Old Milwaukee. The song? Here's Where The Story Ends the Band? The Sundays. The album? Reading, Writing and Arithmetic.

- Uh, this just in: Leonard Nimoy likes big butts and he cannot lie. No other vulcan can deny... Actually, that's a vast simplification of the link, but it's definitely the "Wait... Wha?" link of the week.