No alarms and no surprises, please.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Quick Hits

In honor of Bagels and Jeans Friday. In which my tiny little company gives me great pleasure by buying bagels and allowing me to wear jeans and sneakers. I actually like going to work on Friday.

- It appears that Roger will pitch for Scranton next. Say hi to Michael Scott for me, Rog!

- This is the coolest wildlife video I've ever seen. It's a bit long, but you definitely learn one thing after a pride of lions has to take on some pissed off water buffaloes and 2 crocodiles. Pimpin' Ain't Easy for Lions.

- In an amazing juxtaposition. We have Da Guvernator and the nice, easy going, lady governor from my home state of CT kicking some administration ass because they are blocking their respective state's from taking on emmissions. So much for "state's rights".

- Here' is a cool combined interview with Lost co-creator Damon Lindelhof and Heroes creator Tim Kring. In it, I learned that they worked together on Crossing Jordan. Crossing Jordan? Seriously? I watched maybe two episodes of that show because of the smokin' hot Jill Hennessy. It sucked, no? Anyway, good interview.

- Torture Movies: I don't get it. This is a weird trend in movies for kids today. Saw 1-N, Hostel (and soon, Hostel II), Turistas, and most recently, Captivity has clogged up my TV with commercials (there are probably others). I don't get what's fun about it.

- Driving my kids to school, it occurred to me that my three year old son sings with my Dad's enthusiasm and skill. Which is to say a ton of the former, not so much of the latter. I missed my Dad's birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday, Dad!

- And because Toast isn't here, the rat bastid, a Poddery Barn.

1) K.D. Lang - "Tears of Love's Recall" Ingenue
I love me some KD. What a voice. Saw her at Radio City with Tony Bennett, two weeks after 9/11. Great show. Strange time in NY.

2) Rooney - "Sorry Sorry" Rooney
Sticky sweet power pop. I am slightly less manly than I was a moment ago for having listened to this song.

3) Mark Mothersbaugh - "Sharp Little Guy" Rushmore
Talk about feeling less manly. Short instrumental that's kinda alt-baroque.

4) White Stripes - "The Hardest Button To Button" Elephant

"Now we're a family
And we're alright now
We got some money and a little place
To fight now"


5) Ben Folds Five - "The Last Polka" Ben Folds Five

"He's a heap of junk that pours from his top drawer
He sometimes likes to spread it out around the floor
It's evidence of what he was like
He likes to remember when"


6) Snow Patrol - "Hands Open" Eyes Open
Their last album, "Final Straw" was really good. This one is merely pretty good.

7) Iron Maiden - "Judas Be My Guide" Fear of the Dark
"Fight wars - Die in a blaze of glory
Come home - Meat in a plastic sack"

Please vote against the supplemental, Dems.

8) Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Complicated Situation" Howl
I recommend this album.

9) Outkast - "Rooster" Speakerboxx
This isn't the Hey Ya half of the duo. This is the other guy.

10) Cracker - "How Can I Live Without You" The Golden Age
"You can still come and bring me those fancy pastries
You can still come and crawl into my bed
You can live your life with whomever you please to
As long as someone takes good care of me"


11) Belle & Sebastian - "If She Wants Me" Dear Catastrophe Waitress
This is "Sunday Morning Coffee and Chillin'" Music.

12) Iron Maiden - "The Fallen Angel" Brave New World
This is NOT "Sunday Morning Coffee and Chillin'" music.

13) Beastie Boys - "Hold It Now, Hit It" Licensed to Ill
"What's the Time? It's time to buy Ale!" Perfect song to end a Friday poddery.